Fox News had a feature on Boston movies, and picked the 10 most recent and well know flicks centered on Boston.
All good choices, but not a deep or full look at films that caught an authentic look and feel of the Olde Town. If you want to get a look at Boston films that get it mostly right, add these to your NetFlix watch list, sit back in your ‘pahla with a beeah, relax and watch these wicked good movies”
- Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973) Robert Mitchum and Peter Boyle in Boston crime story. Final scenes shot in Boston Garden at Bruins game with Bobby Orr.
- Monument Ave. (1998) Dennis Leary in this look at Charlestown streets- this is the movie Affleck & others looked to for gritty Boston Detail.
- Next Stop Wonderland (1998) Romance from Boston to Revere on the Wonderland line
- The Boston Strangler (1968) Tony Curtis plays the murder that held Boston hostage to feed.
- Fear Strikes Out (1957) Story of Jimmy Piersall, the Red Sox phenom with mental illness, starring Karl Malden as the dad and Anthony Perkins at Jimmy.
- The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) The Original art heist movie with tough Guy Steve McQueen and Fay Dunaway, all shot in town.
- The Verdict (1982) Washed up Boston lawyer, played by Paul Newman, takes on the Catholic Church in a wrongful death suit.
- Love Story (1970), well it Cambridge, but what is Cambridge without Boston? All intellectual with no charm?
- The Brinks Job (1978) Peter Faulk stars in the story of the “Crime of the Century”
- Blown Away (1994) Jeff Bridges & Tommy Lee Jones destroy the Boston Accent and Irish brogue in this cat mouse crime thriller.
- South (1998) Donny Wahlberg pays homage to home as returning bad boy trying to help family and stay straight
- Between the Lines (1977) Jeff Goldblum stars in this film about an underground newspaper (the Boston Phoenix) and the staff